Well, it took a while…
but I got all the weaving done.
It was easy but time-consuming.
I trimmed it and stitched the raw edges. The glue holds it together nicely, but since this was so labor-intensive, I didn’t want any risk of the weaving coming undone.
Several years ago I made this bag for my laptop. It’s worked very well, but it’s a hair too small. It fits just my laptop and nothing else, and the flap should have been longer.
I want something big enough for my laptop, a binder, a couple of notepads, pens, and other office accoutrements. I decided this weaving project would be a cool replacement for my original bag.
Bummer! I started this wild-hair weaving project before I really knew what I wanted to do with it, and I didn’t make it big enough to work as a replacement laptop bag. So I’ll put the woven fabric aside for a while, until I stumble across a different use for it.
I don’t feel that my efforts were wasted, however. I learned a lot, had some fun, and will probably make another woven project soon!