I received 3 quilts this week for binding, in addition to the binding I’ve been putting on my own quilt. The first one is pretty straightforward:
It’s fun to work on because I like the quilt’s colors. The thread, backing, and binding are all the same gorgeous shade of deep teal, which makes it a little difficult to see the stitches, so I needed plenty of light.
The second one is for my friend Brandy. She originally wanted a very pale pink binding, but I talked her into a darker pink because I thought it would help the other pinks in the (mostly green) quilt pop. Once I got it home, I sat and stared at it for a while, then texted Brandy to ask if she’d let me play with it and add a flange onto the binding. She graciously said yes, so I added a very narrow strip of yellow.
For the binding on my own quilt, I decided to do a scalloped edge, which means bias binding. This is the first time I’ve attempted scallops, and so far I’m very pleased!
I did initially struggle with the size and shape of the scallops, but I came up with the perfect solution, which I will share with everyone tomorrow. I gotta get that pretty teal binding done for my customer first!