How do I create this border?

I’m trying to add this type of border:


on my Dresden Plate quilt:


and I’m not having any luck at all. I can’t figure out how to measure it out. I’d Google it, but I can’t even figure out what the heck this type of border is called. I know it’s not a scallop. It looks more like rick-rack. It seems if I measure it out the hills going towards the quilt are bigger than the ones facing outwards. Does that make any sense??

My goal this year is to try and learn at least one new thing with every quilt I make. The Dresden Plate quilt would look great with this border. I’ve tried on three sides now and can’t seem to get it even. If someone can just give me a name I can research it myself. I’m sending out the SOS – HELP!!


One thought on “How do I create this border?

  1. I love the way you pieced the sashing and want to make it on my Dresden plate. My blocks are 16 1/2 inches. What size blocks should I cut to achieve this gorgeous look?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *